My family and I used to be water bottle junkies. We made sure to have a case of water bottles in the car all of the time. Well, all of those plastic bottles began to bug me. After doing some reading I decided they aren't good for us or the Earth. I bought Sigg bottles for each of us. They are great, we love them, but sometimes we forget to bring them with us. We end up away from home with no water. We were still buying some water bottles for those "emergencies".
I had a coupon code for Reusable Bags and decided to get some more water bottles. I decided on the 27oz Kleen Kanteens, here is a picture of them:
So, here is my bright idea. I filled them up water and put a rubber band around each of the bottles. This is a symbol that the bottle is new and hasn't been used by anyone. I took all of the bottles and put them in a wine tote from Trader Joe's. Here is a pic I stole from ebay:
The Kleen Kanteens fit perfectly in the tote. I keep this in the car for anyone who forgot their personal bottle from home. When they drink from a bottle, they take the rubber band off and throw it in the tote so we know the bottle has been used. I wash it and put it back in the tote.
Once a week, I rinse the unused bottle and add fresh water.
Anyway, so far, so good. We don't have to buy cases of plastic water bottles anymore. =)

1 comment:
That is such a good idea. We got rid of all Z's BHA (or whatever it's called) plastics, and replaced some pitchers with glass, etc... but for when we are on the go more, I am going to have to do what you did! Great ideas!
Post a Comment