Monday, January 03, 2011

My Brain Needs Help

The new year is here and everyone is talking about their resolutions.
I thought I would share my favorite organizational aids that help me remember all the things I have to remember. I am so scattered-brained, I would be lost without my schedules and checklists.
I love Google calendar so much!!! I have color coded calendar for each person in the family. It is easy to add reoccurring things like practices and classes. You can change the view from day, week, 4 day, month or agenda. I add birthdays and set them to reoccur yearly. It is so customizable and wonderful, I don't have a wall calendar anymore.
Instead of a big yearly wall calendar I have this awesome weekly white board calendar. I just print off the week's schedule from Google calendar and write it on this board (color coded of course!). The board is on the door to the garage so everyone can see it.
Love, love, love this system!!! I did Flylady for a while and I love her tips. I still set my timer for 15 minutes to get me motivated and keep me in one spot- I would just wander off and forget what I was doing! Motivated Moms just works better for me now. They break down chores into a checklist that is manageable and it also reminds me of things I would otherwise forget. You just have to go check it out and ,no, you don't have to be a mom to use it.

Those are my top things that I use to supplement my horrible, forgetful brain! It is possible that I have forgotten something that should be on this list. If so, I will write it down and try to remember to come back and post it.


No comments: